Stenlille, Denmark — On Monday, a toaster placed under an electric vehicle by its owner to warm up its battery likely caused a fire that destroyed the car and damaged a nearby house, police said.
In response to the accident, which occurred about 60 km southwest of Copenhagen, police said that they “strongly discourage” people from using this method to heat power cells.
“The cause of the fire is most likely to be found in the toaster that the owner of the car had placed under the front of his car to keep the battery warm,” police said in a daily report.
No one was injured in the fire and the car in question was parked in a carport at the time of the fire.
The owner of the car faces a fine for reckless behaviour.