Leesburg,Virginia — October 14, 2013 — Womenâ€™s Industry Network (WIN) has announced the selection of the top nine photos submitted to the Faces & Places Photo Challenge. The selected photos will appear in the Thereâ€™s A Place For You poster, created in collaboration with Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF), being distributed to over 1100 technical schools and colleges later this fall. The poster will be revealed for the first time at NACE, taking place October 16 to 18 in Las Vegas, Nev.
The goal of the photo contest was to depict, in photographs, the diversity of roles the collision repair industry has to offer young women as they continue their education and enter the work force. Photos appearing in the poster reflect positions as paint technician, insurance estimator, body technician, research & development, marketing, chemical technician, glass repair technician and industry retail. Selections were based on photo quality, clarity and how well each photo depicted a particular role.
The Thereâ€™s A Place For You poster will be available at the WIN booth (#1852) in exchange for a $20 donation to the WIN Scholarship fund (while supplies last).
Winning photos include:
- Sarah Venus, R & D Intern at Sherwin Williams, submitted by Jill Vento
- Bobbie Jo Watkins, R & I Technician at Nagyâ€™s Collision Submitted by Terri Neely
- Christy Jones, Collision Repair Concierge at R. Jones Collision, submitted by Christy Jones
- Heidi Benson, Associate Chemist at Sherwin Williams, submitted by Jill Vento
- Kristina Shaver, Student, Tool Crib Attendant at Baker College, submitted by Dan Treahy
- Mary Kunz, Marketing Director at Professional Parts Group, submitted by Christopher Northup
- Melissa Kalloo, Collision Repair Student at Thomas A Edison CTE High School submitted by Barry Roopnarine
- Nancy Abdelshahid, R & D Intern at Sherwin Williams, submitted by Jill Vento
- Contestant in the Windshield Repair Olympics, submitted by Deb Levy
In addition, the winner of the 2014 WIN Educational Conference registration, selected by random drawing among all those submitting photos, is Kimberly Parson, President of Automotive Collision Technologies. The Conference will be held May 5 to 7, 2014 at Paradise Point in San Diego, California.
â€œWe are excited to reveal the new recruiting poster at NACE and would like to thank the many industry professionals who submitted photos as well as the subjects of those great pictures,â€ said Ruth Weniger of Airbag Solutions and chair of the Communications Committee.