Oshawa, Ontario – Starting Tuesday, OnStar Vehicle Insights can now be used with most non-GM vehicles via a plug-in adapter.
This means that fleet customers can utilize OnStar Vehicle Insights across their whole fleet of GM or non-GM vehicles. This expansion aims to streamline and simplify operations for fleet managers, so only one telematics platform is needed.
“At GM Canada we have seen significant year-over-year growth in commercial fleet sales which is why we are excited to bring OnStar Vehicle Insights to more customers in Canada. With today’s announcement of supporting mixed fleets, OnStar Vehicle Insights will provide Fleet Managers and drivers a streamline tool to monitor a fleet of vehicles using our singular platform,” said Dave Watson, GM Canada Director of Fleet and Commercial Sales. “We want to help make fleet management as easy and efficient as possible for our current and future customers.”
With OnStar Vehicle Insights, fleet managers and drivers have access to a suite of features designed to improve overall efficiencies, productivity and safety, including:
- Vehicle Locator: Provides the location of fleet vehicles in real time, including geofence boundary alerts.
- Vehicle Health: Provides vehicle mileage, oil life and fuel efficiency, as well as preventative service prompts and maintenance notifications.
- Driver Behavior: Displays driver behaviors and trips, and sends alerts around specific events, like exceeding a specified speed limit.
- Performance Insights: A simplified performance dashboard aggregates data and presents trends that are helpful for business operation.
- Remote Commands: Allow drivers to lock, unlock and remote start a vehicle from the OnStar Vehicle Insights website or mobile app instead of waiting on a locksmith.
- Daily Trip Summaries: Allow drivers to maintain and reference trip history in an organized manner.
Also available starting today through the OnStar Vehicle Insights platform is In-Vehicle Coaching, a new virtual coaching feature created to help improve driver safety. When activated, In-Vehicle Coaching provides real-time verbal cues to drivers, including seat belt, acceleration, speeding and braking alerts. Set by the fleet manager, the alerts are designed to encourage safer driving habits.
OnStar Vehicle Insights, including its Fleet Adapter plug-in and In-Vehicle Coaching, is available to customers in the U.S. and Canada. For more information on OnStar Vehicle Insights and its new offerings, visit https://www.onstarvehicleinsights.com/en-ca/.