Massillon, Ohio — December 1, 2014 — Matrix has named the winners of their 2015 Matrix “Award Winning Finishes” Calendar Contest.
Twelve finalists were awarded a spot in the calendar during the eighth annual competition, with judges eyeing entries from restoration, custom and body shop painters across the U.S.
Dan “Boots” Longenette of Dublin, OH took first place with his 1957 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan Pro Street, followed by Keith Kibbons from Bourbonnnais, IL and his 1997 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic in second, and Perry Morgan from Fort Wayne, IN with his 2013 Ford Mustang GT-500 in third.
Other finalists include:
- Matt Bowes from Waterford, MI for the 2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide
- Hobbâ€™s Auto Body from Shasta Lake, CA for the 1957 Chevrolet Cameo
- Pickup Pattyâ€™s Rod Shop from Hanceville, AL for the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS
- Chris Weber from Cleveland, NC for the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
- Mike Zimmerman from Dumont, CO for the 2006 Harley Davidson Softail
- Deluxe Donald Payton from Salinas, CA for the 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger Convertible and 1970 Dodge TA Challenger
- Shawn and Cheyenne Ciotti from Canyon Lake, TX for the 1963 Chevrolet C-10
- Jimmy Johnson from Sparks, NV for the 1958 Volkswagon Bus
- Sly Szucsko from Lake Havasu City, AZ for the 1950 Cadillac Convertible Series 62.
Honourable mentions were awarded to Nick Haley of Spring Branch, TX, Aaron Miller of Melbourne, FL, Rick and Donna Pittman of Lake City, FL, Tim Haase of Houston, TX, Craig Wood of Spring Branch, TX, and Mark Stoecker of Melbourne, FL.
â€œWe want to thank everyone who entered our contest as we received many outstanding entries,â€ says Kelly Mack of Matrix Marketing Communications. â€œThis year each of the top 12 winners will receive a box of calendars and a customized Matrix â€œAward Winning Finishesâ€ jacket.
“We thank everyone for their creative approach and technical skill, which made this yearâ€™s competition an exciting one.â€
For more on Matrix, and to view the calendar, please visit matrixsystem.com/gallery.php.