fbpx

Flat Pack: Tesla battery dies from AC leak, Toronto man claims vehicle remotely disabled

Toronto, Ontario – A Toronto man alleges that his Tesla died under suspicious circumstances, after he refused to pay $26,000 for an OEM replacement battery pack.

In a TikTok video uploaded on Wednesday, Mario Zelayna, owner of Bad Axe Throwing, said that he was locked out of the car after fluid leaked from the vehicle’s air conditioning system and into the battery, effectively stopping him from accessing the interior of the vehicle.

However, a follow-up video on Thursday showed the vehicle turning online after a prospective buyer boosted the vehicle. Inside, the vehicle’s heads-up display indicating that the battery was flat and required servicing.

According to Zelayna, this is one example proving that the vehicle was remotely disabled, and claims that the vehicle previously held a charge of 300km.

Transport Canada is aware of the incident, but has yet to comment on the ongoing investigation.

“Tesla’s trying to sweep it under the rug,” he said. “They won’t give them any explanation of why their battery died,” said Zelayna. “Its out of my life. Keep it out of yours, learn from my mistakes.”

SHARE VIA:
Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter
Email

Sign-up for the Collision Repair daily e-zine and never miss a story –  SUBSCRIBE NOW FOR FREE!

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.