Roanoke, Virginia — March 23, 2017 — Advance Auto Parts has announced it is rolling out new courses, leveraging emerging technologies and adding instructors to expand the company’s automotive training programs across North America.
A statement from Advance Auto Parts says that developing richer training offerings is a key area of focus for the company, which leverages professional training programs across North America through the Advance Professional, WORLDPAC, Carquest Auto Parts and Autopart International brands.
More than 80 instructors now lead Advance’s regional and destination training events offered by Carquest Technical Institute (CTI) and Worldpac Training Institute (WTI).
Advance has also developed robust online training solutions for automotive professionals, including more than 150 video courses, featuring over 500 hours of training content.
“Training is critical to the success of our industry,” said Bob Cushing, Executive Vice President, Professional at Advance. “Advance is deeply invested in providing meaningful programs that help individuals enter, grow and advance through careers in the automotive industry. Today, through Carquest Technical Institute, Worldpac Training Institute, our online programs and the exploration of new technology and teaching methods, Advance is offering the most comprehensive, specialized training available to the aftermarket.”
Collision Repair magazine reached out to Advance Auto Parts to determine which of the new courses are of most interest to collision repair professionals. According to the team leads at Carquest Technical Institute and WORLDPAC Training Institute, the courses they would recommend as most applicable to the body repair business fall into two categories: mastering scan tools andprogramming, and manufacturer-specific training. There are numerous courses available in these areas, but below is a list of some of the most popular.
– Scan Tool Academy (8 Hours) – Practical application, analysis, Applied functionality
– Domesetic Vehicle Programming (8 Hours) – Programming processes (all modules audio-body-engine-etc.); programming or reprogramming procedures and tools required
– Vehicle Data Network Diagnosis (8 Hours) – Different types of network protocols from OEMs
– Using Wiring Diagrams (8 Hours)
– Using Digital Multimeters (8 Hours)
– Effective Electrical Troubleshooting (4-8 Hours) – Practical application of OE wiring schematics
– Body Control System Diagnosis (8 Hours) – Lighting systems
– Supplemental Restraint System Diagnosis & Repair (8 Hours)
– Advanced Technology Vehicles (8 Hours) – Service and Maintenance of hybrid vehicles, risks, government regulations, procedure unique to hybrid vehicles
– BMW Body IV (16 hours) – F30 Body Electrical Changes, Review F01 and F10 Service Techniques, Launch of the F-Series Vehicles
– BMW Body III (16 Hours) – Vehicle lighting overview, night vision operation, instrument cluster operation and tests, iDrive variants
– BMW Convertibles (4 Hours) – Convertible top repairs, adjustments and common failures
– Mercedes Chassis III (8 Hours) – Diagnosis and repair of steering systems, active body control, drive pilot and other common issues
– Mercedes-Benz Body Systems IV (8 Hours) – Introduction to S-Class and E-Class, data acquisition and networking, Mercedes Magic Body and wiper systems, common issues with Mercedes Magic Suspension, braking systems
– VW Audi – Service & Repair Essentials (8 Hours) – Special service procedures, networking systems, wiring diagrams, scan tool navigation and usage
To learn more about Carquest Technical Institute, Worldpac Training Institute, or customized automotive training solutions available from Advance Auto Parts, please contact your local Advance, Carquest, WORLDPAC, or Autopart International delivery store.