St. Paul, Minnesota — November 25, 2013 — 3M has unveiled a new version of its 3M Digital Designs pattern cutting software. The company says it offers an improved interface along with add-on sales options that enhance operational efficiency. The upgraded software, which provides a system for precision cutting of paint protection films, expands 3M’s comprehensive film library with options for both automotive window film and graphic patterns.
In addition to the software upgrade, 3M says it can help improve business capabilities with product simulator AddOnAuto, and help companies create customized marketing tools with AddLabel. The new programs are available through a subscription-based model and boast an extensive database of hundreds of patterns for current cars and trucks. 3M also says businesses can easily and efficiently learn how to use these new services through the companyâ€™s video tutorials, monthly webinars and local seminars.
The upgraded 3M Digital Designs features a new user-friendly webpage and software package that rolled out starting November 4, 2013 for new and existing subscribers. A full transition to the new platform will take place by January 7, 2014. New features include:
– Addition of automotive window film and select graphic patterns to paint protection film patterns
– Design and editing tools to customize and create patterns
– Pattern monitoring and inventory tracking
- New “Speed Cut” button that sends cuts to the plotter with no hesitation
– Drivers pre-loaded for most plotters, allowing quick and easy setup
– Hassle free online updates
AddOnAuto allows you to highlight your customer’s vehicle with a virtual makeover. They say seeing is believing, and now 3M says it can help you provide customers with an advanced visual experience featuring auto window film or paint protection film at the touch of a button.
– Enables customers to virtually add or remove 3M products and instantly view them on their specific year, make, model, trim line and vehicle color
– Embedded on installers’ websites and used for tablet review during retail visits
– Customized with installers’ logo and can include only products each business carries or sells
– E-commerce-enabled, providing customers with ability to shop and buy online if activated
Customization isnâ€™t just for the consumer. The new AddLabel option from 3M provides a complete library of marketing labels tailored specific program needs.
– Designed to help businesses create professional automotive addendum price and marketing labels for dealership customers from the comfort of their own shop
– Builds awareness with on-vehicle advertising at the dealership
– Provides versatile marketing and promotion for businesses
– Eliminates handwritten labels
– Allows dealerships to include unique QR codes, driving customers beyond the advertisement of the vehicle
– Materials included for 3M VentureShield Paint Protection Film, 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film, 3M Scotchprint Wrap Film Series 1080, 3M Scotchgard Vehicle Protection Package and 3M Automotive Window Films
For more information, please visit 3M.com.