Calgary, Alberta — The Alberta Trades Hall of Fame is reaching out to Albertans for nominations–and the last chance to enter names is tomorrow, Mar. 25.
The Hall of Fame is committed to honouring Albertans who have made significant contributions to the success and growth of skilled trades and apprenticeship across the province.
“If you know someone who has made a lasting impact in the skilled trades, we encourage you to nominate them,” Provincial officials wrote in a press release. ”
The application can be completed online at alberta.ca/alberta-trades-hall-of-fame.aspx.
The government will assess the nominees based on how well they meet the following criteria:
- must show significant involvement in the education, training and/or advancement of skilled trades and apprenticeship in Alberta
- must have made defining contribution to the skilled trades and apprenticeship in Alberta
- must demonstrate exemplary personal characteristics
Recipients may demonstrate a significant commitment to:
- the promotion and improvement of the skilled trades and apprenticeship in their community and Alberta
- mentorship and leadership in supporting apprentices through their apprenticeship to certification
- raising the profile of apprenticeship education and the skilled trades
- apprenticeship education from within the Alberta post-secondary system by providing apprenticeship classroom education
- enhancing perceptions of apprenticeship learning as a valuable form of post-secondary education leading to a respected career option
- championing and/or improving access to apprenticeship for youth, women, Indigenous peoples or any other underrepresented groups in Alberta