NASHVILLE, Tenn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The 2023 Nissan Pathfinder Rock Creek and the 2022 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X were named winners in their categories by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) at the annual TAWA Truck Rodeo, a two-day rugged terrain evaluation held at Eagle Canyon Raceway off-road course in Decatur, Texas.
The 2023 Nissan Pathfinder Rock Creek was voted “Mid-Size SUV of Texas.” The Nissan Pathfinder was all-new for the 2022 model year, marking a “return to rugged” with a bold design and notable capability that builds on four decades of Pathfinder heritage. For the 2023 model year, Pathfinder helps owners take more adventurous journeys with the addition of an off-road-inspired Rock Creek grade, designed for drivers with the desire to venture into nature.
“Pathfinder is a beautiful example of a model makeover done really well,” said Teia Collier, president, TAWA. “TAWA members were impressed by its bold good looks, enhanced interiors and powerful capability, on the road and off.”
For added peace of mind, Pathfinder features standard Nissan Safety Shield® 3601 technology, and available ProPILOT Assist2 helps ease long drives on the open highway. The Pathfinder also has available 6,000-pound maximum towing capacity3 for hauling outdoor toys, trailers and more.
Find more information on the Nissan Pathfinder including specifications, fuel economy, pricing, photos and video, in the full press kit.
The 2022 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X was voted “Mid-Size Pickup of Texas” by TAWA. With more than six decades of proven leadership backing it up, the Nissan Frontier is the right-sized pickup that’s as convenient for everyday work in the city as it is thrilling for adventures in the great outdoors.
“Frontier continues to hold strong as a powerful combination of good looks, capability and comfort that TAWA members loved – again,” said Collier. “We are glad that we had the opportunity to test the Frontier on a rugged off-road course.”
Frontier helps enable adventure with best-in-class4 310 horsepower from its standard 3.8-liter direct injection V6 engine. For those intending to spend more time away from pavement, the PRO-X and PRO-4X grades build upon Frontier’s already impressive credentials with the addition of Bilstein off-road shock absorbers and 17-inch wheels with all-terrain tires. The PRO-4X also features an electronic locking rear differential and additional underbody skid plates for extra protection from rocks and other obstacles.
Find more information on the Nissan Frontier including specifications, fuel economy, pricing, photos and video, in the full press kit.
Founded in 1987, the Texas Auto Writers Association has grown to become one of the most recognized and reputable automotive press organizations in the industry. TAWA’s mission is to promote quality and accuracy in automotive journalism and to disseminate information about the automotive industry through news-related print, online and broadcast media. For more information, visit www.texasautowriters.org.
For more information about our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit nissanusa.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.
- Nissan Safety Shield technologies can’t prevent all collisions or warn in all situations. See Owner’s Manual for important safety information.
- ProPILOT Assist and ProPILOT Assist with Navi-link cannot prevent collisions. It is the driver’s responsibility to be in control of the vehicle at all times. Always monitor traffic conditions and keep both hands on the steering wheel. System operates only when lane markings are detected. Does not function in all weather, traffic and road conditions. System has limited control capability and the driver may need to steer, brake or accelerate at any time to maintain safety. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
- Up to 6,000 lbs. maximum towing for 2023 Nissan Pathfinder Rock Creek. Towing varies by configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for additional information. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution. Always secure cargo.
- Comparison based on 2023 Frontier vs. latest in-market Ward’s Small Truck segment. Based on manufacturer’s website.
- Comparison based on latest in-market Ward’s Small Truck segment. Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use the feature while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation. Based on manufacturer’s website.
- Comparison based on 2023 Frontier S vs. latest in-market Ward’s Small Truck segment. Intelligent Forward Collision Warning cannot prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information. Based on manufacturer’s website.
Nissan Corporate Communications
Nissan Corporate Communications