Southfield, Michigan — October 21, 2015 — BASF Automotive Refinish is pulling out all the stops for the SEMA Show this year. BASF Automotive Refinish will showcase its products at two booths, and will also host celebrity appearances by Jay Leno, Richard Petty, Ryan Friedlinghaus and Chip Foose. The SEMA Show takes place November 4 to 6 at the Las Vegas Convention Centre.
Highlights at BASF booth #21437, located in the Racing & Performance section, will include:
• Custom Car Unveiling Press Conference – November 4, 9 am – During its first press conference, BASF will unveil a 1933 Ford Coupe from Chip Foose featuring a Glasurit 90 Line custom blue and silver two-tone paint; a 1965 customized carbon fiber Ford Mustang from The Ringbrothers painted in Spy Green from Glasurit 90 Line; and a 1967 Pontiac Acadian from JF Kustoms featuring R-M ONYX HD custom red paint.
• Jay Leno, star of Jay Leno’s Garage, appearance – November 4 – A self-described “car guy,” Leno exclusively uses Glasurit 90 Line on all of his vehicle restorations.
• Glasurit Best Paint Award Press Conference – November 5, 4 pm – Chip Foose will present the first ever Glasurit Best Paint Award, judging participants on fit and finish, quality of preparation and final presentation. To register your car, please visit refinish.basf.us/bestpaintaward by November 2.
• New Paint Innovations – BASF will showcase its new Glasurit Water Boosters and UV primers, plus its R-M ONYX HD system and the recently introduced PowerFill Plus DTM Primers Onyx HD. BASF says this is the only paint system on the market that can be mixed as either waterborne or solventborne with a single set of toners.
• Custom Display Vehicles – BASF will also display a 1959 Chevrolet Corvette from West Coast Customs painted with R-M ONYX HD and a 2016 Harley Street Glide from Camtech Custom Baggers, featuring R-M Carizzma Candy Paint.
• Autograph Sessions – Chip Foose will sign autographs at the booth on November 3 from noon until 2 pm. Racing legend Richard Petty will sign autographs on November 4 from 10 am to 11 am, and Ryan Friedlinghaus on November 5 from 10:30 am to 11:30 am and November 6 from 10:30 am to 11:30 am.
At its Collision Repair & Refinish section booth #16026, BASF will feature demonstrations of its value-added tools and services for collision repair facilities. Some of those tools and services include:
• VisionPLUS Online – Online business KPI tracking, analyzing and reporting system.
• VisionPLUS Scorecards – Automated Production and Estimator KPIs.
• Vision PLUS Performance Groups – 20 group meetings for business owners looking to improve their business through financial reviews and idea sharing.
•Advanced Process Solutions (APS) – Built on Lean fundamentals, APS is a process of continuous work flow throughout the repair process.
•SmartTRAK – Comprehensive paint shop management system that BASF says goes beyond formula retrieval to make the shop more profitable.
For more information on the 2015 SEMA Show, please visit semashow.com.