Westchester, Illinois -- February 15, 2017 -- Insurance Auto Auctions has announced that Tim O'Day has been named the company's Chief Operating Officer (COO), reporting to IAA CEO and President John Kett.
"Tim has strong strategy and management expertise and a proven track record of driving customer value through effective and efficient operations," said Kett. "His financial background blended with his analytic and leadership skills will benefit IAA, our customers, and the entire KAR platform."
It may be worth noting that the Tim O’Day who works for IAA is not the same Tim O’Day who was recently named President of collision repair consolidator Boyd Group. They are completely different people who happen to share the same name.
O'Day of IAA will be responsible for managing the full scope of the company’s operations across its 173 North American auction locations which last year hosted more than 9,000 auctions. In addition, O'Day will head the transportation and logistics teams, client delivery team and the company's catastrophe (CAT) team.
O'Day joined IAA in September of 2015, as Senior VP of Finance. As part of this appointment, IAA made additional key leadership announcements that will further focus the company's efforts in technology, operations, and market development.
• Terry Daniels, Managing Director of Impact, will expand his responsibility to include both Canada and Global Market Development.
• Sidney Kerley has been promoted to Senior Vice President and General Counsel and will continue to lead the legal team and assume responsibility for both Industry Relations and Customer Quality Assurance.
• Jeanene O'Brien has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Global Marketing and will continue to oversee Global Marketing as well as assume responsibility for the newly created Buyer Development function.
• John Krupnik has been promoted to Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer and will continue to oversee Business Technology as well as assume responsibility for the newly created Product Development function.
• Eldon Booth has been promoted to lead all US field operations as Senior Vice President of Field Operations.
Kerley, O'Brien, Krupnik and Daniels will all report directly to John Kett. Booth will report to Tim O'Day.