By CRM staff

Toronto, Ontario – January 31, 2019 – It’s been a wild week, to say the least. Collision Repair has prepared the top three unbelievable stories of the week. From a driver speeding right through a community centre plunging into a pool, to an unexpected creature finding its way into a vehicle, plus much much more!

Pool Plunge

A driver made a grand entrance in the Courtice Community Centre when she drove right through the front doors plunging into the community pool. Durham Regional Police were called to the community centre on Courtice Rd, in Courtice, Ontario at 8:40 a.m. on Friday where the officers found a small red car in the children’s pool. Luckily, no one was hurt. The 36-year-old driver was charged with dangerous operation of a conveyance, mischief, damage to property endangering life and mischief and damage to property that is more than $5,000.

What a Hoot!

A Utah driver was driving home when he hit a large bird and thought he had killed it. But when he got home and further inspected his car he saw beating eyes staring at him from inside the grill of his vehicle. Sure enough, it was the owl he thought he killed, it was alive and somehow caught in the grill. To get him out the driver used screwdrivers and drills to take off the piece of his car above where the owl was resting. Once he removed the piece, he called a wildlife expert to get the owl out of the vehicle, where the expert then carried it to his own car. The owl was taken to a rehab facility and is expected to recover within a few weeks.

Hang On

On a Massachusetts highway, motorists took footage on their cellphones of a 65-year-old man, Richard Kamrowski latching onto the hood of a white Infiniti QX70 traveling at a fast speed. It all started when Kamrowski got into a small accident with 37-year-old Mark Fitzgerald’s vehicle. They both pulled over to exchange information, but Fitzgerald decided to try and drive away. That didn’t fly with Kamrowski so he jumped on the hood of his vehicle. The video shows that Fitzgerald kept speeding up and then stopping. Kamrowski said that he thinks that was his way of trying to get him to fly off the vehicle. He also said that he hung on for his life for about three miles until he was somehow able to call 911 while still on the hood. Kamrowski had also grabbed a metal water bottle from Fitzgerald’s car and smashed it on his windshield. Both men were arrested but no one was hurt.


Preview Our Magazines