By CRM Staff

Vonda, Saskatchewan -- January 15, 2018 -- J2 Auto bodyshop in Vonda, Saskatchewan, about 50 km northeast of Saskatoon, has been badly damaged after a fire broke out at the business on Sunday (January 14). The damage to the business is estimated to be at least $2 million. 

Firefighters responded to the fire at the Vonda-based bodyshop at around 11:40 am, according to a report from CTV News. It took volunteer crews around 30 minutes to get the fire under control, with the support of firefighters from the neighbouring town of Prud’Homme.

“The fire was very intense right off the bat,” said Larry Nagy, the former chief of the Vonda Fire Department. “It was rolling right out of the ceiling, giving us a lot of difficulty initially.”

Officials believe the fire was started when the shop’s staff were working on a fuel pump and tank with gasoline inside when it somehow caught fire. It resulted in major damage to the building’s interior. 

 

Preview Our Magazines