Hamilton, Ontario -- July 10, 2017 -- CARSTAR Canada and Cystic Fibrosis Canada are celebrating their 20th anniversary of partnership. The partnership began in 1997 when a franchise partner’s granddaughter was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Since then, CARSTAR and its partners have raised over $3 million for Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
CARSTAR Canada reports that donations are still coming in from various events, but at time of publication, the total funds raised from all of CARSTAR’s initiatives are just over $220,000.
“We expect to surpass our donation goal of $275,000 this year, and we couldn’t have done it without the tremendous hard work and dedication of each of our participating franchise partners,” says Michael Macaluso, President of CARSTAR. “We’re thrilled to see how deeply engrained Cystic Fibrosis Canada has become in CARSTAR values, and to see franchise partners wholeheartedly take part in these events.”
The main fundraising initiatives this year included participating in the Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History, hosting Soaps It Up car washes at CARSTAR locations, coin boxes at reception desks and Gift of Time, where $1 of every production hour during June is donated to Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Some examples of stores going the extra mile include:
• CARSTAR Brantford partnered with the local hockey team, which provided mascots and games at their Soaps It Up event.
• CARSTAR Harriston hosted a yoga event, with proceeds going to Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
• CARSTAR Victoria hosted a barbecue and brought in a dunk tank for the facility’s Soaps It Up car wash.
• CARSTAR Red Deer donated $2 of every production hour for its Gift of Time contribution.
• CARSTAR Miramichi brought in a bouncy castle and face painter to its Soaps It Up event.
• CARSTAR Courtenay sponsored a local golf tournament for Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
For more information, please visit carstar.ca.