North Richland Hills, Texas -- January 30, 2017 -- The MSO Symposium is always among the biggest draws at NACE. The 2017 Advisory Board for the MSO Symposium has been announced in advance of the 2017 NACE Automechanika show. The MSO Symposium takes place July 26, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
This year’s Advisory Board members include:
• Paul Gange, Fix Auto, President & COO, Chair of MSO Symposium
• Marcy Tieger, Symphony Advisors, LLC., Principal
• Vince Romans, The Romans Group, Managing Partner & CEO
• Mike LeVasseur, ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Director of Corporate Development
• Dave Roberts, FOCUS Investment Banking, LLC., Managing Director
• Russell Thrall III, CollisionWeek, Publisher & Editor-In-Chief
• Scott Benavidez, Mr B’s Paint & Body Shop Inc., Owner
• Mark Sanders, Caliber Collision Centers, President & COO
• Darrell Amberson, LaMettry’s Collision, President of Operations
• Larry Siembab, CARSTAR, Sr. Director of Insurance Relations
• Tim O’Day, Gerber Collision & Glass, President & COO
• John Walcher, Veritas Advisors, Inc., President
• Roy Schnepper, Butlers Collision, President
• Joe Amodei, The Collision Centers, President
• Mike Anderson, Collision Advice, President
• Jim Keller, 1 Collision Network, President
• Bruce Bares, Certified Collision, CEO
According to NACE Automechanika show management, this year’s symposium will offer insight on the latest trends, as well as new information for vital industry topics.
The MSO Symposium will open with a private lunch followed by presentations and panels. The event will end with a private reception for attendees and sponsors. Executives representing MSOs, along with multi-location and single location collision repair executives, are invited to attend this closed meeting. The event is also open to property and casualty insurance company executives.
Paul Gange is the President and COO of Fix Auto’s US arm. He is also Chairman of the MSO committee and will serve as master of ceremonies during the event.
“Similar to years past, this program is being developed with the guidance and direction from the leadership in the industry,” said Gange. “The Advisory Board is instrumental in ensuring that the content and speakers reflect the things attendees what and need to hear.”
Marcy Tieger, principal of Symphony Advisors, will once again moderate the Insurer Panel portion of the MSO Symposium. Show management notes that all insurers are welcome and encouraged to attend the MSO Symposium.
“The MSO Symposium is unique because of the environment it creates," said Tieger. "Often times, insurers are reluctant to participate on panels and attend collision repair driven events. The Symposium allows insurers an opportunity to not only share insightful information, but interact with attendees in a professional environment where information and dialogue is welcomed and encouraged.”
The first Advisory Board meeting this year focused on content for the Symposium, and members discussed what topics are most relevant to the multi-shop owner today. Topics discussed include: collision industry economics and trends; advanced automotive technology (what repairers need to do today and in the future to be prepared to repair vehicles); pre- and post-scanning specific to cost, staffing, tooling and operational best practices; training, retaining and hiring employees; industry consolidation; insurance panel and more.
“This is the only event that is exclusive to MSOs and the strongest independent operators in the collision repair industry,” said Dan Risley, Executive Director and President of the Automotive Service Association. “The Advisory Board has made a huge impact in developing content relative to the needs of these leaders. Some businesses are preparing for expansion through growth or acquisition, while others are preparing for merger or divestiture. The symposium will provide insight on these top companies and their respective leadership through the sharing of knowledge, experience and information essential to understanding market conditions and preparing for the future.”
Registration for the MSO Symposium will open soon at naceautomechanika.com along with all other events taking place during NACE Automechanika in Chicago, running from July 24 to 29, 2017.