Minneapolis, Minnesota -- December 14, 2016 -- House of Kolor has bestowed the title of “Prestigious Painter” for the past 17 years. This year’s winners are featured in the 2017 House of Kolor Prestigious Painter Calendar.
Jon Kosmoski founded the custom automotive paint brand in 1956. The awards recognize artists and customer painters whose work is creatively outstanding and superior in craftsmanship.
"I’ve been a painter for more than 60 years, and I understand how important every paint job is to finishing a spectacular build," says Kosmoski. "But painters don’t always get the recognition they deserve. The Prestigious Painter award is our way of personally thanking them for a job well done."
The Prestigious Painter competition is open to anyone whose custom projects are painted exclusively with House of Kolor products. The winners of this year’s House of Kolor Prestigious Painter Award are:
- Nathan Curry of Currys Customs, Nixa, Missouri
- Albert De Alba Jr. of Cal Blast, Oakland, California
- Doug Starbuck of Starside Designs, Riverside, California
- Mike Coy of Gas Monkey Garage, Dallas, Texas
- Iain G. Baldwin of Liquid Colour Design, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Taylor Schultz of Schultz Design, Santa Rosa, California
- Stephen Gibson of Air Oil & Lead, Ocean View, New Jersey
- Pablo Prado of Kandy n Chrome, Loma Linda, California
- Gary “Chopit” Fioto of Chopit Kustom, Stanton, California
- Joe Martin and Shorty Ponce of Martin Bros Customs, Johnson City, Texas
- David “Naz” Narik, Queanbeyan, Australia
- Rich Lindgren of Tim’s Hot Rods, Rio Linda, California
Entries were judged on finish quality, including technique, design originality and artistic merit. You can see the 2017 House of Kolor Prestigious Painter Calendar here.