By Jeff Sanford
Detroit, Michigan -- July 16, 2015 -- One of the biggest annual collision repair industry gatherings is just around the corner, as members of the industry from across North America will be travelling to Motor City next week for NACE|CARS 2015.
To help attendees get ready for the full week of events, NACE|CARS organizers have released the event's main stage and live demo schedules.
The NABC Recycled Rides Car Giveaway is running from Thursday, July 23, to Saturday, July 25, taking place from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on July 23, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on July 24, and 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on July 25.
In addition, GM will be presenting the MyPriceLink panel Friday morning from 11:15 to 11:45 a.m. On Saturday, the Car Show Winners will be announced at 1 p.m. Also scheduled for Saturday afternoon is the NACE|CARS press conference, and the ASA presentation to Susan G. Komen Detroit Race for the Cure, a fundraising initiative that aims to end breast cancer.
Also taking the main stage at NACE will be Linsey Alexander and the Linsey Alexander Blues Band, with show times running from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday.
Complementing the main stage, NACE|CARS has scheduled numerous live demonstrations that convention-goers can experience. Highlights include:
Chief Automotive presents MIG/MAG Welding
- July 23 12:45 to 1:45 p.m.
- July 24 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Spanesi presents Steel vs. Aluminum — The Real Live Story
- July 23 1 p.m.to 2 p.m.
- July 24 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- July 25 10:15 a.m.to 11:15 a.m.
3M Presents Rivet Bonding and Weld Bonding
- July 23 2 p.m.to 3 p.m.
- July 24 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- July 25 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Bartec presents TPMS Tools
- July 23 12:45 p.m.to 1:45 p.m.
- July 24 12 p.m.to 12:45 p.m.
- July 25 12:30 a.m.to 1:30 p.m.
Valspar presents Jon Kosomoski
- July 23 4 p.m.to 5 p.m.
- July 24 10:30 p.m.to 11:30 p.m.
F.R.E.E. First Responder Emergency Extrication
- July 23 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- July 24 2:45 p.m.to 3:45 p.m.
- July 25 10 a.m.to 11 a.m.
In addition, 3M and Chip Foose will be conducting a seminar on making colour matching more flexible (July 24, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.), as well as the advances in paint gun technology (July 25, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.).
I-CAR is also offering a collection of courses.
- Aluminum MIG Welding (July 23, 2:15 p.m.to 2:45 p.m.)
- Understanding Carbon Fibre Design and Repair (July 23, 3:30 p.m.to 4:15 p.m.; July 24, 2 p.m.to 2:45 p.m.; July 25 11 a.m.to11:45 a.m.)
- Advanced High-Strength Steels; MIG Welding, MIG Brazing, and Spot-Welding (July 24, 3:30 p.m.to 4:15 p.m.)
For more information on the event, including the full list of main stage attractions and live demonstrations, please visit naceexpo.com.