Barcelona, Spain -- February 17, 2014 -- A packed line-up of conference sessions for IBIS 2014 â€“ the International Bodyshop Industry Symposium â€“ has been revealed. Collision Repair magazine is Canada's official Publisher Partner for IBIS.
The IBIS Global Summit will hear from a true cross section of industry via a variety of markets around the globe. From Canada, Michael Macaluso chief operating officer at CARSTAR Automotive Canada will team with Stephan Salzer, master coachbuilder from Team Salzer, to discuss the challenges of passing family businesses from one generation to the next.
Confirmed sessions for the Best Practice themed conference include:
- Len Hunt, group director, automotive at Al Futtaim, who will talk about production processes and customer services in one of the largest bodyshops in the world.
- Owner of TTI Global, Lori Blaker, is set to discuss how to drive business performance through people.
- Peter de Roo, business development director EMM Holding bv, will look at how a traditional bodyshop took on a new retail concept and made it work.
- Olivier Wood, general manager, Innovation Group Spain will talk about the accident repair market in France and explore what opportunities exist.
- Dr Thomas Aubel, global executive vice president mobility at TUV Rheinland, will reveal his findings from a recent case study in Spain.
- Jeff Peevy, senior director of field operations and segment development at I-CAR is set to demonstrate how training does bring profit to the business.
- Lesley Upham, director of commercial development at Thatcham Research, will consider the bodyshop of the future.
- Sean Carey, president at SCG Management Consultants LLC, will discuss the connected car and ask is it a â€˜connected or disconnected claims process?â€™
-Thomas Geiger, accident management, product management at Audi AG parts sales, will talk about the role that accident management has for a major global vehicle manufacturer.
IBIS 2014 takes place at the spectacular Hotel Arts Barcelona, Spain on 19â€“21 May 2014. The 10 partners already to have pledged their support to the event include 3M, AkzoNobel, Audatex, Automechanika, Axalta, EMM, Enterprise, Innovation, Quindell and Thatcham Research.
For more information on IBIS 2014 or to make any bookings contact Nicola Keady on firstname.lastname@example.org or +00 44 1296 642826.
Note to editors:
Since its inception in 2001, IBIS - the International Bodyshop Industry Symposium - has become firmly established as the leading global conference and networking event for collision industry leaders and influencers.
The inaugural summit was held at the Celtic Manor Resort Hotel in Wales in 2001 and hosted 120 delegates from 12 countries. Since then, IBIS has been held at various venues around the world and annually attracts over 350 delegates from more than 35 countries.
Alongside the IBIS Global Summit also sits an increasing number of â€˜regionalâ€™ events designed to bring global knowledge to local markets. Regional events in 2013 included IBIS Poland, IBIS Russia and IBIS Middle East. Further events including IBIS Turkey are already scheduled to take place in 2014.