Ottawa, Ontario — May 22, 2017 — The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada has announced the election of three new directors to its board: Steve Leal of Fix Auto World, Rick Orser of 3M and Tony Del Vasto of Vast-Auto Distribution.
The results of the election, along with other changes to the AIA Board, was announced at the 75th Annual General Meeting held in Mississauga, Ontario.
Leal is the President and CEO of Fix Auto World. Under his leadership, Fix Auto World has aligned global operations around lean, customer-driven processes that the company says deliver greater efficiencies for operators and partners.
Orser is the General Manager, Automotive Aftermarket Division for 3M Canada Company and currently represents 3M as a member of the AIA Collision Council. He brings with him 30 years of business management experience.
Del Vasto has filled the role the Vice President and General Manager, Ontario for Vast Auto Distribution since 2009 where he has been instrumental in developing the Ontario business while contributing to the overall strategy.
All three will serve until the Spring 2020 Annual General Meeting. In addition, AIA Director Jason Best of Spectra Premium Industries, was elected to the role of AIA Second Vice Chairman. Each member of the current Executive Committee will now take on a new role:
• Dave Fifield of Wakefield Canada was elected to Chairman of the AIA Board
• Brent Hesje of Fountain Tire was elected to First Vice Chairman
• Doug Reevey of Autotec was elected to Immediate Past Chairman
The remaining AIA Board members and terms that were voted on at the last Annual General Meeting will remain in place.
AIA Canada’s Board of Directors Executive Committee
• Dave Fifield, Wakefield Canada, Chairman of the Board
• Brent Hesje, Fountain Tire, First Vice Chairman
• Jason Best, Spectra Premium Industries, Second Vice Chairman
• Doug Reevey, Autotec, Immediate Past Chairman
• Jean-François Champagne, AIA President
Directors at Large
• Rick Orser, 3M Canada Company
• Tony Del Vasto, Vast-Auto Distribution
• Steve Leal, Fix Auto World
• Susan Hitchon, Schrader Performance Sensors
• Simon Weller, NAPA Canada
• Annie Hotte, Uni-Sélect
• Eric Knogler, Sutherland Automotive
• Paula Sayers, Canadian Tire Corporation
• Stuart Suls, Mr. Lube Canada
For more information, please visit aiacanada.com.