|This 1966 “Recoil” Chevelle from the Ringbrothers, painted in a custom Sand Storm colour from Glasurit 90-Line, took home an impressive collection of honours at SEMA.|
Southfield, Michigan — November 20, 2014 — Many vehicles earned industry accolades featuring Glasurit and R-M paint by BASF at the 2014 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show earlier this month.
Key top honours given to show vehicles featuring BASF paint include:
– Chevrolet Design Award for the Best Chevy in Show; Mothers Choice Award; and the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association Gold Award â€“ The 1966 â€œRecoilâ€ Chevelle from the Ringbrothers, painted in a custom Sand Storm color from the Glasurit 90-Line, took home this impressive collection of honours. The â€œRecoilâ€ was also named the â€œCar Everyone is Talking Aboutâ€ by Car and Driver magazine in its SEMA show round-up and received recognition from both Hot Rod magazine and the General Motors official news blog.
– Ford Motor Co. Best in Stand Design â€“ Awarded to the 2015 Ford Mustang convertible. Styled by designer Chip Foose, Glasurit ambassador, featuring light green metallic paint with orange accents from BASFâ€™s Glasurit 90-Line.
– Scion Tuner Challenge Award â€“ The Speedhunters Scion FR-S from Keith Charvonia, painted in a Pure White from BASFâ€™s R-M line took home first place honours.
– Gran Turismo Award â€“ The Garrett X GReddy R35 GT-R was named as the Gran Turismo Best Asian Import award winner and featured Solid Red paint from Glasurit 90-Line. The car will be featured as a downloadable option in an upcoming installment of the Gran Turismo video game series.
– Autobytelâ€™s Best Paint Jobs at SEMA â€“ Two vehicles on Autobytelâ€™s list feature BASF paint: the Chip Foose 2006 Ford Mustang GT in the Magnaflow booth featuring Tungsten Grey paint from the Glasurit 90-Line; and the 1972 Buick Riveria â€œRivtileâ€ from Juergen Book that was painted “snake-style” to represent an â€automotive reptile.â€ The color scheme features a range of reptilian greens, custom painted with gold contrasts from BASFâ€™s R-M Carizzma line.
– SEMA Battle of the Builders: Top 10 Builders Finalists â€“ Two finalists in the Top 10 Builders award were BASF Refinish customers: The Ringbrothers with the â€œRecoilâ€ Chevelle; and Gordon Aram, who uses the BASF R-M Line, was nominated for his 1978 Ford Mustang II, which features Kona Blue paint.
â€œWeâ€™re very proud of these accolades for our Glasurit and R-M paint systems, as well as the recognition of the artistic skills of these dedicated designers. Congratulations to all the winners,â€ says Paul Whittleston, Vice President, Automotive Refinish & Industrial Coatings Solutions North America.
For more information, please visit basfrefinish.com.